Niche Museums
November 27, 2019 10:43 PM   Subscribe

Niche Museums
I love visiting tiny or niche museums. I've started posting one museum I've explored every day to my new website, and I plan to keep doing so for as long as I can find new niche museums to explore. Since there are more than 30,000 museums in just the USA I'm hoping this will keep me going for a very long time. Hit the "Use my location" button to see niche museums I've visited near you!
Role: Creator
posted by simonw (8 comments total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

If you're interested in the technical details about how the site works, I wrote about it on my blog.
posted by simonw at 11:43 PM on November 27

I love this, however I can't find your RSS feed. Can you point me to it, or add one if it doesn't exist?
posted by COD at 6:21 AM on November 28

Oh that's a great idea. I started work on an Atom plugin for Datasette a. Lille of months about but didn't quite get it working, I should finish that!
posted by simonw at 7:39 AM on November 28

I'm still working on the Atom feed (see issue #5) but I do have a Twitter account for the site now: @nichemuseums
posted by simonw at 8:00 PM on November 29

OK, the atom feed is now live! It's linked to from the homepage. Here's the datasette-atom plugin I built for it.
posted by simonw at 11:09 PM on November 29 [1 favorite]

Thanks! I am subscribed to the Atom feed.
posted by COD at 5:57 AM on November 30

This is really cool! Extra thanks for getting the RSS feed together--added to my reader as well.
posted by youarenothere at 9:28 AM on December 3

You visited all these museums? That’s impressive
posted by growabrain at 9:15 PM on December 5

« Older What makes this song terrible?...   |   AI Dictionary (Twitter bot)... Newer »

You are not currently logged in. Log in or create a new account to post comments.