Apocalypse Now: Poems and Prose from the End of Days
Our apocalyptic anthology is just out! Contains Margaret Atwood's "The Silver Astroturfer," Paolo Bacigalupi's "The People of Sand and Slag," Joyce Carol Oates' "Thanksgiving," Simone Muench's "Wolf Centos," and writing from 32 other authors.
I've spent about a year putting this together, along with the editors Andrew McFadyen-Ketchum and Alexander Lumans. It's been a particular challenge for me in putting together the (DRM-free) ebooks, since a lot of the poetry is not left-justified. I'm excited and thrilled that it's finally out!
The ebook version is widely available online: Amazon (BR
), and Smashwords
After a successful Kickstarter campaign
, we also have a limited edition print run, and are still developing our plans to sell those, though we know we'll be selling them at Book People (an independent bookstore in Moscow, Idaho), at the AWP conference in Boston March 7th, and at spring readings at the Nashville Public Library and in Denver (where the editors live). As we get more independent bookstores on board, we'll be listing them on our website
You can read excerpts where some of the works were originally published online:
- Paolo Bacigalupi, "The People of Sand and Slag"
- Brian Barker, "The Last Songbird"
- Nicky Beer, "Rimbaud's Kraken"
- Seth Fried, "The Siege"
- TR Hummer, "Ooo Baby Baby" and "Westbound: Little Cat Feet," "Eastbound: The Book of Enoch" and "Rx"
- Kelly Link, "Catskin"
- Alexander Lumans, "All the Things the Moon is Not"
- Charles Martin, "Taken Up"
- Davis McCombs, "Gnomon"
- Ed Pavlic, "From: Arachnida Speak"
- Catherine Pierce, "Dear Atom Bomb," "Emergence," and "How it Ends: Three Cities"
- Kevin Prufer, "Army Tales"
- Jeffrey Schultz, "J. Finds in His Pocket Neither Change nor Small Bills"
- E. Lily Yu, "The Cartographer Wasps and the Anarchist Bees"
Role: publisher, designer