DelilahDirk.com - a graphic novel, serialized online
June 18, 2011 10:52 AM   Subscribe

DelilahDirk.com - a graphic novel, serialized online
if you like your adventure stories light-hearted, your action historical, and your comics colourfully-illustrated, you may very well enjoy Delilah Dirk and the Turkish Lieutenant. Updated on Saturday mornings with four to six new pages.

This is the story of a lieutenant in the Janissary army must struggle to repay a brash adventuress for saving his life, even though she was the one who endangered it in the first place.

If you're up for a bit of inside baseball, this started as a 28-page comic (which received an Eisner nomination a couple years back), then another, and then they were both embellished into a 160-page graphic novel. I had started shopping it around to publishers and received some excellent responses, but for a variety of reasons it made more sense to start serializing it online. Thus, DelilahDirk.com!
Role: I made it!
posted by TangoCharlie (7 comments total) 5 users marked this as a favorite
This project was posted to MetaFilter by filthy light thief on July 22, 2011: Delilah Dirk and the Turkish Lieutenant - a graphic novel, serialized online

Oh, I also have to thank the Mefi users that chimed in on this question: General Tonic, deanc, likeso, StrikeTheViol, plonkee, and zaelic. I asked that question a bit late in the process, so the results of the input are minor, but I appreciate it and it'll really help moving forward when (knock on wood) I'm able to make a second volume!
posted by TangoCharlie at 3:11 PM on June 18, 2011

Surprisingly good.

Fresh as Ligne claire once was.
Having lost recently my weekly fix of Freakangels, Delilah is welcome.
posted by bru at 7:38 PM on June 18, 2011

Looks gorgeous.
posted by Foci for Analysis at 12:23 PM on June 19, 2011

this. this pleases me. yes. yes!
posted by Think_Long at 3:34 PM on June 19, 2011

Wow, this is fantastic. Thank you!

Do you mind me asking: what medium do you work in? Pure digital? Scanned lines? Straight traditional?
posted by Tikirific at 6:39 PM on June 20, 2011

Hey, thanks you guys!

@bru: ha ha, surprisingly? :)

@Tikirific: The line art is all pencils-on-paper (with the contrast amped in Photoshop), the colouring's all digital (Photoshop again). If you're up for Too Much Information, I go over the process for this book and a few others at my site.
posted by TangoCharlie at 4:40 PM on June 21, 2011

The comic is gorgeous (it reminds me quite a bit of Zander Cannon, which is to say that I love it), and the blog is incredibly informative!
posted by Greg Nog at 11:11 AM on June 23, 2011

« Older The Banff Centre Blog...   |   Cleaning my house!... Newer »

You are not currently logged in. Log in or create a new account to post comments.